Found Wild duck

nfrost

Chirping
8 Years
May 1, 2011
Story to long to tell now gotta go to work, short version my brother in law found them in the out door pool this morning there is only 1 and it is really really small, i got it put it under lamp got water, now can i feed it geese and chick starter(will it eat it) and i put some grass blades in there but it seems to small to even be able to eat grass any help would be nice!!

This is a toughy. It should eat the food, make sure it has water. It is illegal to keep wild ducks, but who's to know it isn't the baby of a domesticated duck. It'd be great if you could post a picture so we can help you with this.
smile.png

It will probably eat the geese or chick starter. Make sure the food is safe for ducks (certain medicated kinds are not good for ducks). If possible, call a wildlife center to see if they will take it if it's a wild type of duck like a mallard. It will keep you from getting in trouble and it will be beneficial for the baby. If it's a muscovy or domestic type, you should be able to keep it with no problem.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom