Four 4-5 Wk Old Silkie chicks

Chick #1: Cockerel
Chick #2: I'm going with pullet, but a pic of the comb would help
Chick #3: Cockerel
These really are just guesses based on a few characteristics so they could easily be wrong, but this is what they look like to me. You have a beautiful little bunch of silkies. :cool:

Chick #1: Cockerel
Chick #2: I'm going with pullet, but a pic of the comb would help
Chick #3: Cockerel
These really are just guesses based on a few characteristics so they could easily be wrong, but this is what they look like to me. You have a beautiful little bunch of silkies. :cool:

We think the same about the guesses! :lol:
I went to take a better photo of Chick #2(Named Sleepy) but she wouldn't sit still like she did yesterday. I decided to described the best I could about her comb, it doesn't really look like she has a comb at all. Its just a very flat spot where the comb is.

And we're not really worried about who turns out to be a rooster, we just at least want a Lavender pullet and a Partridge pullet. The lady who we got them from had sold them as straight run, which is why I want at least 2 girls.

That's what I was thinking especially since she's slightly smaller than the other two.
Do cockerels stand tall early? Because chick #1 likes to stand like a rooster at times when I'm changing their food or water.
Yes, with some birds you can almost tell from day one just by posture and comb size, although, comb depends on breed.

Back
Top Bottom