Four week old Dark Brahmas

Cinch

Chirping
Feb 25, 2024
Hen and roo at four weeks
2E75A1F8-B46A-479A-B83E-85DF85C9A14A.jpeg
9158A0B3-D2E3-408F-9EFF-859FEA2A70FA.jpeg

Hi. Could you sex them as day olds? A breeder was telling me she could tell apart the difference due to chick colour at birth, but I couldn't find any online sources confirming that.

Hi. Could you sex them as day olds? A breeder was telling me she could tell apart the difference due to chick colour at birth, but I couldn't find any online sources confirming that.
Definitely not an expert, but I started with 41 chicks at 3 days old and I couldn’t see any difference until about week three. Three died the second day then one more at about 2 1/2 weeks. Since we can tell now, we’ve got 5 male and 32 female. We originally ordered 5/36

Definitely not an expert, but I started with 41 chicks at 3 days old and I couldn’t see any difference until about week three. Three died the second day then one more at about 2 1/2 weeks. Since we can tell now, we’ve got 5 male and 32 female. We originally ordered 5/36
Thanks for the info! And that's a lot of chicks! 😃

I -- who definitely don't need MORE chickens -- have been toying with the idea of getting a couple of dark Brahma chicks this year. Photos of your adorable youngsters may push me right into that decision! Thanks for posting photos!!

Back
Top Bottom