Fowl foul?

DuckduckPalouse

In the Brooder
May 3, 2020
Mo manure Mo problems?

We, a mother in law, daughter in law team are seriously stuck with some mucky quandaries.
We have ducks, and drakes and chickens. We need to clean up and streamline our pen/coop/run/free range situation. We've gone from a handmade tractor on the backyard grass with two ducklings to full blown concrete floored roofed handbuilt hardware clothed pen with a commercial bought coop in the middle era. We've been doing this for almost two years and need to fix our issues if we want to make it through 10 more years. Anyone willing to join us on this journey of inquiry? I'll post pics and talk excessively of straw, mud cute chicks and ducks and poop. So much poop. We sell eggs because we got way over our heads and we have 19 fowl and 9 variaties of bird. We also have two house cats/butlers of the coop. I'll try to make it interesting as we have so many technical questions on managing compost, feed, mess and broodiness.

Anyone willing to join us on this journey of inquiry? I'll post pics and talk excessively of straw, mud cute chicks and ducks and poop. So much poop.
Yes, please post pics and dimensions.
Pics inside and outside coop and all around run area.

Duck water is always an issue...and afaik their poops are juicy too.
You may have drainage problems too...and straw is not ideal bedding in a wet environment.

So pics and would also help to know....
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1609429863788.png

Back
Top Bottom