Fowl Play... well, probably not...

Yashar

New Egg
11 Years
Oct 18, 2010
Oneonta, New York
I got a call today that one of my Americaunas was hanging strangled by a bungee cord. They asked me if I was playing some sick joke. "Absolutely not!"

I guess she somehow jumped up and got hooked around her neck by its end. I can't believe it...

Well, I'm disappointed in the loss, but I thought there was a little after-the-fact humor in it. I mean, what are the chanced of that happening?

Lesson learned: Don't leave bungee cords hanging loose in run.

The coop I have had a string that pulled a trap door open in the bottom. Apparently the previous owner found one of his chickens hanging on the string dead just like that. I cut the string, leave the door open, and hope there are no chicken ghosts haunting my girls!

I sadly had to sell my chickens after we fell on really hard times and I was diagnosed with lupus...anyway....A wonderful lady bought half of my hens and said I can see them eny time I would like. She really has a heart of gold and I KNEW my hens were safe with her. She has an old converted camper with the toilet and everything! The toilet is converted into a nest it's the cutest thing....anyway...One of my Welsummer hens must have stumbled after laying her egg and fell between the cuoboards and couldn't get out or she must have landed on her neck where she couldn't breathe...anyway, the lady was SO upset and was so afraid of telling me, but it was a freak accident! I mean really, who would have thought?! Hope it doesn't haunt you! xoxoxo

Back
Top Bottom