fowl pox??? help Identify **Pics

I would like to know whats ILT is too
smile.png
Thanks for the info everyone

I have several hens that are fighting pox right now. Two that have it worse than others. their spots are just on their combs and face. I have one with a swollen eye, that is shut and I cant get open. It also seems to be shrinking their combs and changing the shape of their combs.

I rubbed some of the Vet Rx on the ox spots....I am not sure if it helped any cause I don't know how long it takes for them to get rid of the bug....but I figured it couldn't hurt. I would think that giving them some vitamins or electrolytes would give them a bit of a boost.

2 of my 12 wk. old OEGB roos that are couped up & they are not let out, actually came down with the pox too. So it must be an air born type virus. They aren't near the big girls that have it.

Wasn't the pox from mosquitos?

I did put Vetrx on my Black Orp Cockerel that has pox. He was separated when I noticed it and I kept him isolated for two weeks. He is still in a pen by hisself. It is transmitted by mesquitos but after they get it they can slowly tranfer to each other by the sluffing off of the pox. It takes about 3 weeks for recovery. My Roos eye was swollen. I put some antibiotic oinment in it before it completely closed but it seems fine now. I have had a hen lose an eye before. So far I don't have anyone else that got it.

Back
Top Bottom