Fowl Pox

ChickenGirl3

Songster
9 Years
Nov 27, 2010
Hello,
I'm having trouble finding cures of fowl pox. My hen got it a couple days ago when I noticed her eye was swollen, wheezing, breathing through mouth, and brownish reddish scabs on her eye lids and around the nose. I was wondering If anybody could help me find cures for fowl pox. I've been cleaning the snot with saline water>boiled water and salt and I separated her from the flock, I check all my other chickens and they didn't have the scabs or swollen eye. Can the treatment be done at home or do i have to buy a medication for her?
th.gif

P.S. Can you eat the sick chickens eggs? We didn't want to egg the eggs because we thought we would get sick. I'll post some picture later.

Sincerely,
ChickenGirl3

Last edited:
I am having about the same symptoms as you with my girls. The dark brown gunk might not be scabs. My girls snot is light brown and dries dark brown and looks a lot like scabs. I put pictures up of them at the bottom of the following page. Click here I hope you aren't dealing with what I am. Poor chickens.
sad.png

Quote:
YES! That's It I separated her from the flock none of the others have it, do you know what it is?
fl.gif

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom