Ashley Benningfield

In the Brooder
Jul 23, 2023
I noticed a spot appear on my Roo's comb a few days ago that I initially thought looked like a wound, but now I've found what looks to be a few small scabs on his comb and waddle. I was able to get a few good pics of his comb and waddle. Does this look like it could be Fowlpox or something else I haven't run across in my research yet? We live in northeast TX where mosquitos are pretty bad. I don't have an area built yet where I could isolate him unfortunately. He is eating and drinking and acting totally normal otherwise. My little flock has certainly kept me on my toes learning all these new things that I need to watch out for 😅

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    811.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    501.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    318.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    514.9 KB · Views: 5
Pecking by others, or maybe something sharp including chicken wire could be possibilities. Do any others have similar spots?
I haven't noticed spots like this on any others so far. I'm going to take a close look at everyone this afternoon to check again. I should also probably mention he's the only Roo and the rest are hens.

Just realized I never updated this in case anyone else runs across my question. It turned out to be hen pecks from the girls and some rubbing on his food container that caused the spots and they cleared up after a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom