Fox at fence

Jenn1018

Songster
Apr 15, 2019
Snellville, Georgia
my girls were yelling and when I went to investigate there was a fox standing on the other side of my 5 ft chain link fence. I yelled and it ran off. I then rounded up the girls and secured them in the coop. Based on other’s experiences, do you think he is going to come back if he didn’t get anything and how long do I have to keep the girls locked up? They aren’t too happy, but safe! Thanks for any advice!

He'll most likely be back, unfortunately , and a chain link fence is nothing for a fox.
He'll most likely be back, unfortunately , and a chain link fence is nothing for a fox.
I was afraid of that! I was actually surprised he hadn't already come over. He had the time, as I didn't go down right away. How long do you think I have to leave them locked up?

I was afraid of that! I was actually surprised he hadn't already come over. He had the time, as I didn't go down right away. How long do you think I have to leave them locked up?
unless you're out there with them, a few weeks. even then, it will always be around. you might want to get an electric fence line on top of your fence and add a fencing apron on the bottom outside of your fence to prevent digging

Yes, I can almost guarantee it will be back. Reach out to your state trapper's association and get in contact with someone to see if you can get the animal removed/dispatched or talk to your state wildlife office because right now you're out of hunting/trapping season for them. Put up a game camera to monitor the returns, and get those chickens secured up even if you need to beef up the fencing (as mentioned, hot wire and putting something around to keep from digging/climbing.)

Back
Top Bottom