Fox attack-- multiple injured birds.

I am curious... How did your birds fare? I just saw this thread, and wondered what happened, in the end. Everyone ok?
Namira died, Spike is missing a couple of tips of his toes, and Hossea has pretty much recovered, but I think his vocal cords have permanent damage because when he crows he sounds like he is being stepped on.

Spike and his missing toes.
Hossea also seems to have some sort of nerve or neck damage... he was very wobbly for a long time, and has been in a baby coop with 5 hens for company. He is still doing rooster stuff (just hatched 19 chicks from his hens!) but I think he might have sustained permanent damage. His feet ranging days are over, I am building a long covered run for him and the rest of the polish.
20220526_134224.jpg

Namira died, Spike is missing a couple of tips of his toes, and Hossea has pretty much recovered, but I think his vocal cords have permanent damage because when he crows he sounds like he is being stepped on.
Aww... I'm sorry to hear that. Happy the other 2 made it. Even if 1 does sound like he is "being stepped on". 😆😆 Thanks for the update. I was just curious about what happened. Foxes are buggers to catch, or eliminate. We had a family out in our woods behind us. I ended up having a friend take them out of here. I tried not to kill it for trying to eat, and survive... . However, if I have another in the yard, I may have no choice but to take it out for good. I am glad your 2 birds are well though. Thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom