Fox attacked chicken

Cocohennypenny

Chirping
May 31, 2020
Hi to everyone reading this , I hope it finds you well. Unfortunately I had come home to my chicken being attacked by a fox , the left side of her body was bitten and her skin has completely come off. Under her wing I’m able to see the inside and it’s bleeding. She’s having difficulties standing. There’s no vets in my area or even around for chickens.
I wasn’t sure on what to apply on her wound so I took out my chicken aid kit and used hibiscrub skin wash to disinfect the area and battle Hayward & gentian violet (purple spray) I didn’t wrap it up with a bandage and put her into the shed as it’s night time now .
I’m not sure on how to treat her , I would appreciate any help any products.

Hi to everyone reading this , I hope it finds you well. Unfortunately I had come home to my chicken being attacked by a fox , the left side of her body was bitten and her skin has completely come off. Under her wing I’m able to see the inside and it’s bleeding. She’s having difficulties standing. There’s no vets in my area or even around for chickens.
I wasn’t sure on what to apply on her wound so I took out my chicken aid kit and used hibiscrub skin wash to disinfect the area and battle Hayward & gentian violet (purple spray) I didn’t wrap it up with a bandage and put her into the shed as it’s night time now .
I’m not sure on how to treat her , I would appreciate any help any products.
Can you get a picture so we can see the severity of the wound, so we can give better treatment instructions?

Attachments

• 547CE18F-F71C-4F04-BACF-0382F358DACF.jpeg
    547CE18F-F71C-4F04-BACF-0382F358DACF.jpeg
    506.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 7FE68C9D-89C1-40D0-860F-3B5D31F917F1.jpeg
    7FE68C9D-89C1-40D0-860F-3B5D31F917F1.jpeg
    534 KB · Views: 16
How far does it extend on the back?

With the blukote it makes it hard to see what all is going on. Too me, it looks like a large flesh wound which would heal up fine with regular cleanings, & applications of non pain relief triple antibiotic ointment.

would it be okay to give her some
rooster booster in her food and Harkers coxoid in the water

To clean her can I use hibiscrub skin wash

Also lanacane anti chafing gel

Would this be okay or anything else I should use
What can I feed her during this day
She also can’t walk properly in one leg , it doesn’t seem to be any injuries on the leg

would it be okay to give her some
rooster booster in her food and Harkers coxoid in the water

To clean her can I use hibiscrub skin wash

Also lanacane anti chafing gel

Would this be okay or anything else I should use
What can I feed her during this day
She also can’t walk properly in one leg , it doesn’t seem to be any injuries on the leg
I don't know about coxoid, or Lanacane.

Rooster Booster vitamins are fine, but I don't think it's necessary.
Do you have any Vaseline? You can use that to keep the wound moist to heal properly.

She may have a sprain, or pulled muscle.

Normal feed is fine, you can spoil her alittle with scrambled eggs occasionally if you want.

Back
Top Bottom