Fox interrupting my walking

toletiquesbysam

Songster
11 Years
Sep 19, 2008
Nebraska
I walk around our country block (4miles) 3-4days a week and the last 2 nights, I've been cut short because of a fox. Last night there were 2 of them! They are scared of me, and I of them, but I see them and turn around and head for home instead of finishing my walk. I worry about my safety, should I just start carrying my mace, or do you think I just ignore them and keep walking they will leave me alone? The night prior the one was in the road looking at something, and last night the 2 of them were in a field and then saw me and crossed over into a corn field. But it was same area as the previous night. I really don't want to change my route, if I go any other way, I have farm dogs to contend with and this route I have been lucky to have nothing like that!

You are quite safe. Foxes won't attack a human.
smile.png

I can't imagine them being dangerous to a human. My understanding of them is that they will continue to avoid you. I've never heard of a fox attacking a human.

As long as rabies is not a problem in your area, the fox pose no threat. By your description of their behavior, it appears that they are healthy. Continue on with your walks.

I don't know why, but for some reason I thought that this thread was the beginning of something like this-

Fox interrupting my walking by turning into a bar, and telling the bartender...

I think I've been looking at the computer screen too long.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom