10 Years
May 21, 2009
New york
This gray isnt a issue any more....

He took a 3" Mag #1 goose load at 30 yrds and droped in his tracks

grayfoxishot.jpg

~Bryan

Last edited:
Yes where there is one fox...there are more. I see them in my yard daily! Mine are so bold that I slapped one across the face with the phone book trying to dig into my run. After being slapped silly and getting a bloody nose he decided to move on.
rant.gif

Quote:
Probably nothing. They are where the term 'crafty' came from IMO. Dogs will deter them while they are out and alert, but fox will sit and watch to see when your dog goes inside then sashay up to your coop to grab a chicken dinner or even just all the eggs it can grab.

Other than a full time alert dog I don't know of any good deterrent.

Oh i have a curious fox as well.. had fresh snow and yesterday in the morning when going out to feed them you could see the tracks all the way around the fence like he was tryin to get in. Good thing I lock my babies up at night. We will be shooting it soon.I have heard that male urine might deture them. But I guess mountain lion urine is the best I dont think we have moutain lions up here in alaska so I told hubby he needs to go pee around the fence or let our one male dog to it.

Quote:
I had a fox in my yard for awhile. I just laid leg hold traps around my coops(not set, just laying on the ground in the open). The fox never returned. Sometimes if they have been around areas that are trapped they are wise enough to know to stay away. JMHO Will

Back
Top Bottom