Fox spotted quarter mile away......

Ok - fox are definately a problem. Now I need to know if they can get inside our fences. The dogs are in the yard with the pen most of the day ~ I will put them in the barn while the girls roam the fenced yard so that thee's no chance at a 'mistake'. They do their buisness all over but the main area is about 50' from the pen on that side of the yard. The area has 4" wire fence on the creek side. The 4" wire on another side is covered with poultry fence up to 2' (keep neighbros lil' dogs out). There's picket on one side. and the fourth side has 4 rail, but thee's a 2x4 between bottom rail and ground + chicken wire between bottom 3 boards to keep one of our dogs from climbing out. Can a fox get thru areas only 4" wide? Sorry bout all the spelling, I'm so tired (awake with sick horse last night). Thanks again ever so much! My girls thank you to.o

The is answer is most likely. Our fences are even tighter that the fox is the in the yard all the time. I believe they can vault a pretty high fence.

The solution that worked for us was to train the dogs for chicken guard duty. Now, the fox only sneeks in when the dogs are inside.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom