Fractures

OwlLover

Alaskan Wanderer
8 Years
Aug 25, 2011
Yesterday I just got a cast on my foot from a fracture, now walking on crutches.
barnie.gif
I lucked out, its only going to take me 3 weeks for it to heal, but it still sucks being in one. BYC's the only thing keeping me sane; I can't do much of what I usually do!
he.gif

Sorry to hear about your injury. Thankful we all have byc!! hope you heal real fast. At least you will have it off before hot weather!!

Breaks hurt and casts suck. I am sorry you are stuck in one! The bones that can be casted heal fastest and without as much pain. Or as much lasting pain. I know it still hurts though!

You are VERY lucky to only have it for 3 weeks. The norm is anywhere from 6 to 12

Yeah. Thankfully it was a small fracture that, if caught in time would take a much smaller time to heal. If I kept going without attention I probably would have to be in a cast for around that time.

Hope your foot heals well, and don't clobber anybody with that cast.

If you live where it's snowy, ice is soooo not fun, on crutches. Or with broken bones. Once I was getting into my car and had leaned the crutches against the side of the car. They fell into my knee which had been operated on, the morning before. The wing nut, on the crutches hit RIGHT ON the surgical opening. Bulls eye. I couldn't even finish my sentences.

"How could-"

"Oh my-"

"Why did this-"

"Holy-"

"For the love of-"

Mom was chauffeuring me around and asked "Why are you laughing? I would have thought that would have hurt like heck."

I was laughing because the odds of that happening were astronomical... unless you are me. Then a million-to-one means it will definitely happen.

Back
Top Bottom