Fractures

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by OwlLover, Feb 2, 2012.

1. OwlLover

OwlLover Alaskan Wanderer

Aug 25, 2011
    Yesterday I just got a cast on my foot from a fracture, now walking on crutches. [​IMG] I lucked out, its only going to take me 3 weeks for it to heal, but it still sucks being in one. BYC's the only thing keeping me sane; I can't do much of what I usually do! [​IMG]

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Aren't you thankful to BYC for being here!! [​IMG] I hope you're on the mend very soon. [​IMG]

3. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

Make sure you have something to hold you up when you take your first step without having it on lol. You dont want to fall face first to the ground like I did [​IMG]

4. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

Sorry to hear about your injury. Thankful we all have byc!! hope you heal real fast. At least you will have it off before hot weather!!

5. OwlLover

Aug 25, 2011
    Yep! = )

6. Nitrous

Nitrous Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2011
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Breaks hurt and casts suck. I am sorry you are stuck in one! The bones that can be casted heal fastest and without as much pain. Or as much lasting pain. I know it still hurts though!

7. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    You are VERY lucky to only have it for 3 weeks. The norm is anywhere from 6 to 12

8. OwlLover

Aug 25, 2011
    Yeah. Thankfully it was a small fracture that, if caught in time would take a much smaller time to heal. If I kept going without attention I probably would have to be in a cast for around that time.

9. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Hope your foot heals well, and don't clobber anybody with that cast.

10. Nitrous

Nitrous Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2011
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    If you live where it's snowy, ice is soooo not fun, on crutches. Or with broken bones. Once I was getting into my car and had leaned the crutches against the side of the car. They fell into my knee which had been operated on, the morning before. The wing nut, on the crutches hit RIGHT ON the surgical opening. Bulls eye. I couldn't even finish my sentences.

"How could-"

"Oh my-"

"Why did this-"

"Holy-"

"For the love of-"

Mom was chauffeuring me around and asked "Why are you laughing? I would have thought that would have hurt like heck."

I was laughing because the odds of that happening were astronomical... unless you are me. Then a million-to-one means it will definitely happen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by