Francesca

Mekare

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 7, 2013
Francesca is about 4 weeks old. Barnyard mix? Female?

Looks mixed, and could be female although too early to say for sure. Sometimes they sprout a comb later, especially with mixed birds. Where did you get it? Do you know what it is supposed to be, or just a mixed breed?

Last edited:
From a nice lady with beautiful chickens that all live together. She's pretty sure she came from a green egg. She and some people who were there when I picked her up seemed to think she's part Americauna because she has puffy cheeks and she does have some in her flock.

Last edited:
Pretty little chick, if the chick came from a green egg, it is a barn yard mix that most people would call an Easter Egger. A mixed chicken that has Ameraucana/Araucanas in their ancestry. It's too young to really say boy or girl, but I'm not seeing anything that screams rooster, though in an Easter Egger that color often is.

Pretty little chick, if the chick came from a green egg, it is a barn yard mix that most people would call an Easter Egger. A mixed chicken that has Ameraucana/Araucanas in their ancestry. It's too young to really say boy or girl, but I'm not seeing anything that screams rooster, though in an Easter Egger that color often is.

x2

Back
Top Bottom