Fraud Alert.... Not sure if this is the correct place....

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by prariechiken, Mar 18, 2009.

1. prariechiken

prariechiken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    Midwest
    ...but concerned for my BYC friends.

We have been monitoring a "breeder" recently that has been selling on Ebay as well as his/her personal sites. I do not want my friends here getting taken by someone who is "borrowing" photos without permission to advertise as "their" stock and then peddle what is undoubtedly eggs that will hatch far from standard if they hatch at all. They go by oldenglishgamefarm on ebay and uses oldenglishgamefowl as a site domain, as well as [email protected] group. He has stolen pics from my site as well as other friends of ours and has been notified to cease frauding others. Ebay will now be contacted as well as the local postmaster as to options available. Be careful out there friends and please help keep a lookout for one another as to persons doing such acts on the web...

Chris

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  2. equus2

equus2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank you so much!

3. william9792

william9792 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    thank you for info

4. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    I hate that! That's why I gave up on ebay and only buy from folks here.
    Thanks for sharing. It's good to look out for each other!!

5. pascopol

pascopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Quote:Tell ebay he is "Infringing" on the copyrights of others.
    That's the buzzword ebay is paranoid about.

They will shut down his auctions fast and if he is caught again they will probably suspend his account for good.

6. prariechiken

prariechiken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    Midwest
    Thanks friends...it is frustrating to put the time, money, energy, and love into raising birds and see someone come along and use your hard work to take advantage of others. Thanks for all your support...

CB

7. fowlafoot

fowlafoot Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2008
    Midwest
    The least he/she could have done was labeled my blue wheaten thai pic that was stolen as the correct breed [​IMG]

8. cwc362

cwc362 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    Huntingdon- West Tn
    If I looked at the correct guy on Ebay, He has 19 items for sale- Looks like he's trying to make a fast buck!! I'm broker than broke and still don't think about trying to scam people!! What's wrong with these people? [​IMG]

9. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    A way to protect yourself against this kind of thing is to copyright anything you publish. I may be wrong but I think that when you publish something w/o copyright protection it becomes part of the public domain.

10. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    I may be wrong but I think that when you publish something w/o copyright protection it becomes part of the public domain.

You're wrong.

The creator automatically has copyright for their lifetime +70 years (or something like that)​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by