Freaked out and embarrassed

WizChick

Chirping
12 Years
Aug 29, 2009
Oregon City, OR
At about 11:20 tonight I realized I hadn't locked up the ducks yet so I went to it. I swear I woke up the neighborhood. Before I even reached the ducks in their kennel I heard a noise. A few more steps and the ducks were freaking out in the box. Instantly I shout "O Cr*P, NO!!!" thinking some critter is attacking my ducks. They bolt out of the box and my brother come bolting out of the house. I'm still not sure if something is in the box so I ask him to bring a flash light. He sees something moving in the yard and wants to attack. I call him off knowing it's the ducks. We catch them and check out the box. Nothing there. What spooked them? My shadow. We can't stop laughing. My yard backs up to a wetland and my shout echoed. Our weather has just begun to warm up and you can bet everyone has their windows open. Oops, I'm so embarrassed.

P.S. I have 2 runner ducks.

lau.gif

Better safe than sorry.

lau.gif

gig.gif
lau.gif

No reason to be embarassed! You were just being a darn good duckie parent! Them silly ducks they are so funny. My flock (7 near adults, 3 - 6 weekers) are terrified of my black cat Sam - its so funny they wig out and run off he he comes over to check them out when its food time by the back door.

I've forgotten to lock the shed at night. Went to do so, silently walked past the duck house and terrified them.
When I go out at night to check on chickens or ducks I usually hum a little tune, so they hear my voice and know its me. Cuts down on the mayhem.

Back
Top Bottom