Freaking out? where are my chicks?

can you post a picture of the ingredients of the chick electrolytes so i can try matching the quantities here in Pakistan, cause i have never heard of this.... Also, can i give them chicken as a protein?? The Brinsea Brooder doesnt have different temperatures... it can only be turned on or off...

If 3-4 weeks or older can. At this age I typically start with a few treats like handful of greens like cabbage etc. or dried mealworms as high protein. I know you may have to adjust as in a different area. Here is chicken treat chart for approved foods to feed but remember keep 10% or less of diet as these are treats and you want majority of food to come from feed for needed protein and nutrients to grow.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...—the-best-treats-for-backyard-chickens.47738/

Looks equivalent yes. Follow instructions on bottle.

i got this chick from a person & am surprised to these strange round things around the nails... when i got the chicks, they were not in a really clean place... I mean I keep changing their paper towels 3-5 times a day! how can people keep chicks in a dirty place! is this curable? is it harmful? this is an Ayam Cemani chick and i am very worried.
That looks like droppings and possibly feed and whatever else was in the brooder caked onto the chick's toenails. Whenever I saw it I'd remove it by gently squeezing the ball, so it crumbles. If not, soaking it in water will loosen it up.

one batch of chicks is 1.5 month old and the other batch is 3 weeks almost.
I would put the new ones in with the 3-week old ones, provided they have enough brooder space and there won't be competition for food. The older chicks (1.5 months) should be able to move outside to the coop, if the weather is good by you guys?

I would put the new ones in with the 3-week old ones, provided they have enough brooder space and there won't be competition for food. The older chicks (1.5 months) should be able to move outside to the coop, if the weather is good by you guys?

its 47 degrees Fahrenheit, i dont think i can move these 1.5 months old outside.... i am so scared of moving them out because i had done this last year and i had huge mortality rates... :(

these are the sweethearts! No I have 5 chicks in less than 24 hours :) i am thinking of what i would do with the overcrowding... cause i had candled eggs and found 13 of them to be having chickies :)

Attachments

• IMG_0728.JPG
    IMG_0728.JPG
    441 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0730.JPG
    IMG_0730.JPG
    392.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0732.JPG
    IMG_0732.JPG
    316.5 KB · Views: 7

its 47 degrees Fahrenheit, i dont think i can move these 1.5 months old outside.... i am so scared of moving them out because i had done this last year and i had huge mortality rates... :(

Typically they at 6-8 weeks should do ok. Can add heat source if have access to safe one like K and H Fireproof heating pad from Amazon. If not maybe put in enclosed coup once fully feathered and weaned off indoor heat source if have one. Another heat source could be heated water bottle in thin blanket sealed put in with chicks who are old enough. Can do during day temps to start and bring in at night then if doing ok start leaving in outdoor coop at night enclosed so more heat available and can huddle to keep warm. Make sure warm bedding in coop like straw. If seem too cold huddled all the time together take back in, follow chicks lead. Hope this makes sense. Have food/water available all the time and any supplements required.

these are the sweethearts! No I have 5 chicks in less than 24 hours :) i am thinking of what i would do with the overcrowding... cause i had candled eggs and found 13 of them to be having chickies :)
Awww! Beautiful! You can start taking them out of the incubator once they have dried off.

How many have hatched now?

Awww! Beautiful! You can start taking them out of the incubator once they have dried off.

How many have hatched now?

so i have 6 hatched by now and 2 eggs have signs of hatching.. :) hope that the hatching is complete till the 23rd day!!

I have another Brinsea MINI 2 incubator with 6 eggs and i started that on the 24th of November. According to my calculation, i should stop egg turning tomorrow right?

Typically they at 6-8 weeks should do ok. Can add heat source if have access to safe one like K and H Fireproof heating pad from Amazon. If not maybe put in enclosed coup once fully feathered and weaned off indoor heat source if have one. Another heat source could be heated water bottle in thin blanket sealed put in with chicks who are old enough. Can do during day temps to start and bring in at night then if doing ok start leaving in outdoor coop at night enclosed so more heat available and can huddle to keep warm. Make sure warm bedding in coop like straw. If seem too cold huddled all the time together take back in, follow chicks lead. Hope this makes sense. Have food/water available all the time and any supplements required.

actually i live in Pakistan and delivery is not possible from U.S to Pakistan so i wont be able to get the fireproof heating pads from Amazon... should i put wood scrappings for the chicks in the brooder enclosure? i will post pictures of the set up I have made in my apartment... The chicks are away from the cold draft and they are cozy and happy by the grace of God!

Chicks i have right now are:-
coco polish,
Ayam cemani,
sussex
& one other chick which i assum is some golden but dont know what it actually is... hope someone can tell me once i post the photo!

so i have 6 hatched by now and 2 eggs have signs of hatching.. :) hope that the hatching is complete till the 23rd day!!

I have another Brinsea MINI 2 incubator with 6 eggs and i started that on the 24th of November. According to my calculation, i should stop egg turning tomorrow right?
Oh wow, they are doing great!

The eggs you set on the 24th, turn them tomorrow and then lockdown (stop turning).

Back
Top Bottom