Freaking out? where are my chicks?

orangesplash

Songster
Feb 26, 2018
Islamabad, Pakistan
So the story goes like this:-

Eggs incubated on November 19th 2018

Incubator: Brinsea Maxi 2 EX with total temp and humidity control.

Candling on 4th, 9th and 17th day.

only 2 eggs were infertile and were removed.

Turning stopped on December 7th at same time.

my
dilemma:-
why are the eggs not hatching?
why why why?

its 65 degree Fahrenheit here in Pakistan.

is it because of the weather?

In summers, i used to have hatches on exactly the 21st and 22nd day.
i am worried? have i lost my chicks or what?

I just checked on the calendar, the 19th was a Monday, so today is day 20. Chicken eggs incubate ±21 days, so they should start hatching on the Monday 3 weeks after you set them. I.e. you should start seeing signs of hatching tomorrow sometime.

Lo and Behold! we have a chick in here... BUT BUT BUT...why is there so much mist? i got so scared that i opened up the incubator despite the lockdown period & removed the paper towel and put a hatching paper. i have a brinsea maxi-EX and this is the first time that such a thing happened!

i know i have done a wrong thing but i just couldnt let this baby stay in the swimming pool!

breeds: Bantam: blue
Japanese Black Tail, Plymouth, silver sebright.

5037E996-270C-40F7-B6E0-9898353086A4.JPG

Goodness, that is a lot of humidity! It's o.k. to let some of it out and if you can, remove some of the water from the reservoirs. Hatching chicks usually bump the humidity some, it's normal, but this looks a little excessive...

Congratulations on the hatch by the way! :)

Goodness, that is a lot of humidity! It's o.k. to let some of it out and if you can, remove some of the water from the reservoirs. Hatching chicks usually bump the humidity some, it's normal, but this looks a little excessive...

Congratulations on the hatch by the way! :)

Thank you very much!! let me add some fresh pictures....

X2
In smaller incubators I usually see some condensation as chicks hatch. If you have that much condensation, just cracking the lid for a couple seconds at a time should be sufficient.

OH! can i open during the lockdown period? isnt it a rule, not to ever open the incubator during lock down?

i have the option of adjusting humidity by moving a notch to get closed or open-OPEN is if humidity is too high so can i use that??
that way the humidity will reduce.
i have set the humidity to 72 % right now.... but yes, it keeps going up due to the chicks....

Back
Top Bottom