freaking RATS!!!

You can put out pans of beer. The rats love it, they can't pass gas though and they bloat to death. I don't know if it will kill a chicken. Can chicks burp/fart?

Jack Russell Terriers or Parson Russell Terriers. Bwa ha ha ha ha!!! They are small and live to catch and kill rats!
bow.gif
Mine is almost 15 and still goes bonkers over any varmint.

Isn't it kinda sad to kill the chipmunks too? Do they do harm? Just curious. We are currently battling a rat problem with no end in sight so I know they've got to go, but chipmunks too?

Quote:
I can understand your feelings as an animal lover (we don't have chipmunks in our area). I don't really think we'll have a big problem with any varmint but will be prepared. Since we won't have chickens until springtime we set up a plan. We will have the food locked up tight and hanging feeders as well as the entire hen-house and run sealed up with 1/2" hardware cloth--rats or mice don't fit! No free food hopefully means no rats. With our Parson Russell Terrier and Malinois we hope there is even more reasons for a rat to stay away.
fl.gif

Quote:
I love our chimpunks also..BUT... they are a menace just like the rats..mice. I have a few cute little chipmunks that keep raiding my animal feeders..and getting in my cellar and just making a mess...
I found one dead the other day in my duck pool...my goose or ducks must have killed it.
sad.png

Thanks BYCers lots of rat killing ideas.
Man I have them under the chicken house. I am afraid to use a snap trap. I don't want to get one of the girls.
I did use a connie bear 110 size trap outside the pen but only caught one. We use to trap muskrats mink and coon back in the 70's when I was a kid.
The water barrel will work well. Reminds me of when a buddy and I lived in an old mouse infested farm house.We were in are 20's and not the cleanest guys you know.
My buddy ate french fries every night, that he fryed in the fry daddy. One night he scooped out his french fries and there was a glob of somthing that came out with them, then I noticed the little feet. Poor little guy must have fell into the grease and drowned. Probley should put the lid on the frydaddy. He cleanded it out and made more fries.I don't think I ever used that thing after that. Sorry thats one of my favorite stories of when I was a younger man.

This reminds me of this: the guys at the local car repair shop swear by leaving out bowls of Diet Coke to kill rats. Not just any soda, it had to be diet coke. I had forgotten all about that. They swore it got rid of the pesky rats at the shop in one week. Thinking of that generations - old accumulation at the shop, well, how would they know?

Back
Top Bottom