Free 3 week Peking yellow duck

abailey01

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 21, 2013
My 13 year old daughter has rescued a baby Peking duck from the lake behind our house. I need help finding him a home.We have 2 dogs and a cat and we can not keep him.We have been keeping him in the house in a dog pen but this just isn't right.He needs to be outside.We do take him outside and do give him a bath everyday. We live in Dallas, Ga.Please help,he needs a good home.

Oh I wish i lived farther south, or I would take it. I have a lonely pekin drake who gets along with our other ducklings. The ducklings are going to be pond ducks though. We cant afford shipping.
If you could get him to ohio, I will take him though xD

What I advise, is to only give it a cup of food a day. Pekins grow fast, very very fast. And ducks only eat what you give them. Limiting his food will slow his growing, possibly allowing him to live longer.

Last edited:
I am not sure how to post pictures or I would. I also wished you lived closer because this duckling has got to find a new home.It's hard having 2 dogs and 1 cat and 1 duck and trying to keep them away from each other.:jumpy

Do you know anybody going to ohio? I suppose that maybe I could use my savings if shipping was an option, but its quite hot.

Yeah, they are the size of a small mallard by 35 days. They are full grown at 2 to 3 months. I would really love the little guy if you can get him here. Or at least to ohio. We can pick him up near the border maybe....

I don't know of anyone who lives or is planning to visit there.how much do you suppose it would cost? I could go in half. I am not sure how or who would ship an animal?

Yeah, dont even know if our post office accepts live animals. Go in half as in on the price of shipping? Mayb that could work but I would have to ask.
You live approx 542 miles away, so, unless it was express shipping, it might be a few days.

Last edited:
Anything older than a day old must be sent Express. Actually, even day olds not coming from a hatchery (ie private person) must go Express.

You need an approved shipping box (boxesforbirds.com or Horizon) too.

Back
Top Bottom