Free blind pullet terre haute IN black copper maran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isadora

Toadally awesome 🛸 🏴‍☠️
Mar 29, 2021
Indiana
I have a black copper maran pullet who is about 4 months who recently became mostly blind. I have a thread on her in the emergency section and it appears she has developed cataracts. 😞
We have no place for a blind chicken on our farm (we keep chickens for pest control) and my husband said I can try to re-home her, otherwise we'll butcher her next month when our meat birds are ready.
She's always been very calm, sweet, and docile. Doesn't mind being picked up and will cluck softly to you. She would be a great pet for a child. I have some photos of her below as well as how her eyes look.
Up until last week, she would free range outside and return to the coop at night. Since becoming blind, she doesn't leave the coop anymore, understandably.
20210507_115537.jpg
20210517_064055.jpg

Sounds like you might have found someone (above) but if not, you could also try your State thread, and posting in the rehoming/ free thread. Animal shelters are another possibility. I hope Adams Farmhouse can take her, but if not, I'm sure you'll find someone! She sounds like a sweetie.
Thanks! I did post it in my state thread. She is such a sweet girl 😍

Hello! I would be interested in giving her a good home. But it is a bit of a drive. Just curious... are you able to take a couple roosters? That might make the drive for me worth it. Haha!! I have several special needs hens so she would fit in and have a great life.
That sounds amazing! I'll send you a PM... Once I figure out how 😂

Sounds like you might have found someone (above) but if not, you could also try your State thread, and posting in the rehoming/ free thread. Animal shelters are another possibility. I hope Adams Farmhouse can take her, but if not, I'm sure you'll find someone! She sounds like a sweetie.
I did end up getting her. She is the sweetest thing and is blending in with my flock already. Here she is right in the middle. lol

Attachments

• IMG_20210524_112209836.jpg
    IMG_20210524_112209836.jpg
    781.3 KB · Views: 18
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom