FREE Buff Orpington Chicks in Corvallis, OR

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by AngieChick, Jun 15, 2009.

1. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

These little guys are a bit over 3 weeks old. My broody hen decided parenting was not really her thing (in her defense, she was a bit young for motherhood), but they got off to a lovely start with her. We have decided to move at some point in the near future and I am finding the idea of having so many chickens at different stages daunting. I have 10, however 6 may already be taken (I will hopefully hear from her within the day).

These are straight run from a local source (one of the vendors at Midway Farms). The males apparently do dress out around 10 pounds. Their coloration is promising to be a lovely caramel color.

Please note that though they are fine during the day, they are still young enough to need a light at night. Their feathers are coming in, but not quite there yet.

PM me or reply to this post if you are interested. I would love for these to go to someone on BYC for free versus selling them on craigslist to the general public.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  2. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Songster

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    i wish you were in florida i want them all lol

3. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

The chicks are spoken for.

Chickenbottom, I would have a hard time not taking free chicks, too. It's too tempting....

4. chickenbottom

chickenbottom Songster

Dec 30, 2008
    hollister, florida
    and expecally buff orpingtons cause those are indeed my favorite breed and i can never find em anywhere

5. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Songster

Dec 9, 2007
    Springfield,OR
    ahh man, someone got to this before me. Oh well.

Enjoy whoever got these!

[​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: