FREE DVDs (100) to hang to deter flying pests - pay postage or pickup

Definitely! I have one that looks like a bird. I plan on decorating mine to look like...yep you guessed it. CHICKENS!!! I have the one that looks like a bird in my strawberry patch. So far I have had no problems with deer, rabbits, and birds!!! Last year I did have a critter problem. To date I have pick 7 quarts of strawberries! And my patch is not that big. Maybe 6x16. Just thought I would share! I can't wait to get them.
big_smile.png

yeah... national average for 2006 (last date available) was slightly over 30%. that's almost 1 in 3....

in some hospitals the rate is more like 50%.

And women don't understand the true risks. It's like 'it's ONLY a c-sec'. It's a major abdominal surgery that carries major risks to both mom and baby.

And then there are all the hidden secondary risks like secondary infertility due to uterine scarring - which most women are NEVER told about being a possibility, higher probability of placental placement problems with subsequent pregnancies, etc. I believe there was a post not too long ago here about a woman having problems carrying a baby to term due to residual damage from a previous c-sec. It's not as rare as you'd think...

The World health organization says that any rate above 15% can't be medically justified. Unfortunately, I think the rate will continue to climb until it is around 40% before we start to see a backlash again like we did back in the 80s.

With the high induction and epidural/medicated rates of labor, coupled with the need to justify the OB surgery suite and 24 hour onsite anesthesiologsts AND the high litigation (lawsuit) rates and malpratice insurance, it's a recipe for millions of unnecessary c-sections every year.

In a country where 80% and more of births are attended by Drs primarily trained as surgeons (OBs) and the ease of litigation, it's no wonder the intervention and c-sec rates are so high. Many of the countries that have the lowest infant mortality all use a midwifery model of care - low risk mothers are attended by midwives or general practice MDs, and ONLY high risk or complicated labors have OBs called in. Interestingly enough, they all have MUCH lower c-section and epidural rates, AND much better maternal morbidity/mortality rates as well....

The US is # 37 in infant mortality. That means there are 36 other countries where babies die less frequently than here with the supposedly 'greatest health care' system in the world. Did you know that CUBA has a lower infant mortality than we do?

We are VERY good at treating sick people in this country, but dismal at handling normal healthy body processes like birth and breastfeeding. And our breast feeding rates, while better than in a LOOONNNNGGG time are still pretty dismal. While a majority of moms start out breastfeeding, only about 35% of babies are getting at least some breastmilk at 6 months. While there are many factors that go into infant mortality, I believe that our routine pratices around birth and breastfeeding have some negative impact.

Ref for infant mortality
http://www.geographyiq.com/ranking/ranking_Infant_Mortality_Rate_aall.htm

Reference for study on bf rates:
http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/content/abstract/115/1/e31

Back
Top Bottom