Free exotic chick what is it?

Ok guys and girls mystery solved!!

I contacted murry mcmurray through the live chat feature on their website. I gave them my order number and asked what my free exotic chick was. They told me they "dont keep track if free chicks"

She then told me to send an email to someone at murry mcmurray and they would help me identify the chick.

So out of 20 chicks i had 5 that I could not identify. I took pictures of all 5 that were unknown and submitted them to murry mcmurray....

The black chick, 2 brown ones and the creme colored chick were all identified as whiting true blue or whiting true green. Which left 1 bird.

The only bird left also happens to be the biggest in my brooder from day one, and also the nicest.

Every time i visited the brooder this bird would run to see me. Fly up on my arm and even my shoulder. Follows me around the yard like a puppy.

This one bird, the only one left not identified has to be my free mystery chick. I submitted the photo and quickly got a reply.
Screenshot_2019-07-09-20-02-08.png
20190628_180409.jpg

My mystery chick is 100% without a doubt a male Bielefelder. And someone here on byc last night actually took a guess and suggested that.

The hatchery agree's it is in fact a bielefelder.

McMurrayHatchery_Bielefelder_Rooster.jpg

Screenshot_2019-07-10-16-00-54.png

Anyhow I am happy to have this solved and also happy to learn this breed is a gentle giant. Described as very docile and can weigh in at 10lbs or more.

Im still sticking to my guns when I say your free "exotic " chick is whatever roosters they have to many of.

But I think this gentle friendly bird will fit in nicely into my flock.

Thanks all who helped!

Ok guys and girls mystery solved!!

I contacted murry mcmurray through the live chat feature on their website. I gave them my order number and asked what my free exotic chick was. They told me they "dont keep track if free chicks"

She then told me to send an email to someone at murry mcmurray and they would help me identify the chick.

So out of 20 chicks i had 5 that I could not identify. I took pictures of all 5 that were unknown and submitted them to murry mcmurray....

The black chick, 2 brown ones and the creme colored chick were all identified as whiting true blue or whiting true green. Which left 1 bird.

The only bird left also happens to be the biggest in my brooder from day one, and also the nicest.

Every time i visited the brooder this bird would run to see me. Fly up on my arm and even my shoulder. Follows me around the yard like a puppy.

This one bird, the only one left not identified has to be my free mystery chick. I submitted the photo and quickly got a reply.
View attachment 1841378 View attachment 1841380

My mystery chick is 100% without a doubt a male Bielefelder. And someone here on byc last night actually took a guess and suggested that.

The hatchery agree's it is in fact a bielefelder.

View attachment 1841381

View attachment 1841386

Anyhow I am happy to have this solved and also happy to learn this breed is a gentle giant. Described as very docile and can weigh in at 10lbs or more.

Im still sticking to my guns when I say your free "exotic " chick is whatever roosters they have to many of.

But I think this gentle friendly bird will fit in nicely into my flock.

Thanks all who helped!
My ears were burning rofl

Yep im afraid to move around as he is always at my feet. When i put him on the roost he jumps on my shoulder. Hard to believe he will be a giant.

I hope he stays friendly so i plan on spending time with him daily.

You know i would like a few girls of the same breed now but i better wait i have alot going on back there.

Back
Top Bottom