Free Fertile Hatching eggs, Tx. Votes are in, The winer is????

Quote:
Pancake is a Americana, Buddy is an EE, and both have hatched out guineas, they are the best teachers for the guinea.

100_6534.jpg

100_6538.jpg

This is Thelma and Louise - my first ever broody hens. Thelma, the white hen, was the first to go broody at the end of September and I decided to wait her out, after all, it was fall and too cold for chicks. She sat and sat for all three weeks, never giving up and I started to feel sorry for her. Then, Louise (blue hen) went broody. So they wore me down! I gave mixed-bred eggs to both of them in mid-October and moved them to the old brooder box for some peace. They each brooded in their own nest and seemed content.

Louise's five eggs hatched first in early November, every single one! I'd forgotten when I gave them eggs, so I'd been peeking under them every day of that week. I was so thrilled to get chicks! I couldn't believe it worked - no electricity! After all 5 hatched, Louise and all 5 chicks moved in the nest with Thelma, whose eggs were hatching. When I saw them, Thelma had a wing thrown over Louise's back. It looked like Louise had gotten a little panicked at this whole motherhood thing and Thelma was comforting her. It reminded me of when I left the hospital with my first baby and I couldn't believe they were just letting me walk out of there with a baby!

Thelma and Louise co-parented all the hatchlings from that moment on. Thelma was the self-appointed food finder and would vigorously kick up tons of shavings and call attention to every piece of cracked corn for the babies. Louise was the designated heat lamp and would keep the babies nice and toasty. At night they all piled into Thelma's nest. They were great mamas and didn't lose a single baby even though it was moving into winter. The next time they went broody, they sat on the same nest and co-parented again! I just love broody hens!

This is Shade..or at least her face. She has had enough of me photographing her hatch. She stuck her face tight into mine.
hatching3.jpg

And this is my Mother and Daughter setting team!
The daughter started on the other side of the room
and rolled her eggs to set next to her mother
..awwwww.
momanddaughter.jpg

And thank you so much for this.. I cannot imagine a better gift for whomever may win than eggs!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
SUPER IDEAH I WOULD ALLOW THIS AS AN ENTERY.
I WOULD HAVE NEVER THOUGHT OF A COCKATIEL OVER A BATOR.
BUT , THIS IS FOR MOTHER AND MOTHERS TO BE. IF HE WAS A FEMALIE COCKATIEL, I WOULD HAVE ALLOWED THIS
AS AN ENTERY.

AGAIN SUPER CLEVER IDEAH .
smile.png

GOOD LUCK,

Quote:
THANKS,

I WILL GET WITH YOU AS SOON AS I FIND THAT LUCKY MOTHER OR MOTHER TO BE,
OUT THERE/ AFTER THIS BEAUTY CONTEST IS OVER.
wink.png
I MIGHT HAVE A FEW MORE EGGS TO SPARE
THEY ARE STARTING TO KICK UP THEIR EGG PRODUCTION.

Quote:
SORRY THIS IS MY FIRST GIVAE AWAY ON BYC.
I WILL ALLOW YOU TO ENTER AS MANY MOTHERS AS YOU LIKE,
IT IS A MOTHERS DAY GIVE AWAY AFTER ALL. EVERY MOTHER COUNTS, AND CAN'T BE FORGOTTEN.
big_smile.png

Quote:
It doenst say only one, or I will be disqualified.
barnie.gif

ENTER AS MANY MOTHERS AS YOU LIKE,
THEY ARE MOTHER AFTER ALL OR WILL BE AND CANNOT BE
EXCLUDED IN THIS EVENT.
THEY WILL ALL BE RAISING OUR FUTURE FLOCKS, SO
NO MOTHER SHALL BE FORGOTTEN.
smile.png
IN THIS EVENT.

i would love to put my girls on here they are just starting out them selfs. i just dont know how to post a pic of them on the site.

Quote:
WOW NOW THAT SOUNDS LIKE A DEDICATED AND CARING MOM.
PICS LOOK GREAT BY THE WAY.

GOOD LUCK IN THE CONTEST,
THANKS FOR YOUR ENTERYS.

Back
Top Bottom