Free Guinea's In Pa

They have been around the chickens since they were old enough but I grew them up in the house in a rubber maid box with me. But there is no touching them, OMG NO! they freak out, there are about 2 chickens they tolerate and the rest it get out of here OR ELSE!

Oh I was wondering if any of you guys/girls have ever been on pennswoods.net ? I wasw going to post a topic about this website I was on it all the time before I found this one, it is a classifieds site do alot of livestock and such, it is slow now being winter but they cover West Virginia, New York, Maryland, and Pennsylvania. If anyone wants to check it out here. www.pennswoods.net

Are these guineas still available? I had a fox break into the coop so I'm a few men short, my birds guineas need some more playmates. I'm in MD but would consider coming to get the birds or meeting you somewhere. Thx -Jack

Do you think the Guineas are acting up because they sense spring is in the air ??? Sorry you're having problems with the children. I have 7 little darlings. For the last 2 days I've watched them molest my chickens. Poor girls ! As much as I love my Guineas...hatched the beginning of last September...they are plucking my girls rear ends. Today even the juvenile roo...a wk older then the Guineas...was out there protecting his flock. I too have one with just ONE tail feather ! Poor little Indian maiden ! So, today they had to be removed from the coop and 22 x 20 pen. I plucked them off their roosts in the dark tonight...didn't want any more stress for the chickies...and DH and I moved them to an 8 x 8 chainlink dog run with a nice 3 x 4 "mini" coop of their own. I have a very strong feeling that when I go out in the morning and let them out of the coop they are not going to be happy. But at least my hens should be able to settle back and relax and even think about starting to lay eggs ! These kids were raised with my chicks...only recently started to act like feathered thugs. Too bad, hated to move them,...even though I had planned on moving them to a 10 x 20 chainlink run in the spring so I could start to let them free range in my yard. Will build a larger coop and rehome them to the bigger run in April.
Good luck, if I lived closer...I'm in MA...I'd be happy to rehome them. I love mine...guess they just need more supervision !
Liz
Rochester, MA

Hi my name is Laura . My vet suggested that I get a few Male (if possible ) to battle ticks in the yard. I am in Md. Not sure where you are in Pa. But also my vet may help you and take them . (cattle farm ). Thank you

Hi my name is Laura . My vet suggested that I get a few Male (if possible ) to battle ticks in the yard. I am in Md. Not sure where you are in Pa. But also my vet may help you and take them . (cattle farm ). Thank you

Did you realize this thread is over 3 years old? I wouldn't expect they would still be having the same problem.

I would love to take the Guinea's . Where you located? I live in the Wilkes-Barre/ Scranton area.

The OP's free guinea post was made on January 6, 2010 well over 4 years ago.

As per the OP's follow up post on January 24, 2010:

"Sorry didn't see this post til now the guineas found a new home the day after I posted them up."

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom