Free range in the rain?

Mine are out rain or shine.. could all be the same day here
big_smile.png
When it's pouring they settle down to favorite spot in the barn under cover but when it gets lighter the hens are back out pecking and scratching in the grass or under trees moving the leaves. Right after a good hard rain they seem to know just where to go for big worms and night crawlers.

I'm staring at mine out the window right now. All scratching around in the torrential downpour. They always look pretty pathetic, but never had any problems.

Mine are out in the rain right now. They wander around if it gets too hard they go under the barn and lay in there dust bowls they have made. When it gets time to go to roost they all go in and all I have to do is shut the door. I have some very good girls and 1 boy.

hhhhmmm, I have kept mine in today due to all day rain showers. They seem to be cursing me out in chicken when I didn't open the pop doors. They were somewhat calmed with a dinner of scrambled eggs and left over potato soup. Maybe I should re-think that. Guess I thought it would be bad for them to get soaked.
idunno.gif

mine are out in their run which is partially covered. the majority of them are in the non covered space
and it is torrential rain at the moment.

My hens ran out to free range today, when it was raining, and one hen decided to go to the barn and when she couldn't get in just stood by the door waiting for someone to come and get her! For some reason, my chickens think of me as transportation! But they despise the snow.

Back
Top Bottom