Free Range Peacock

My Peafowl now seem to love their pen though, even if I leave the door open they don't even try to get out. :lol:
I just know that when I'm not looking they are swinging on their swing set and swimming in their kiddie pool.
I was curious about if they would need a way to cool off during the hot summer months. My chickens were never interested in a kiddie pool but someone mentioned my peahen would. Any suggestions are appreciated

I was curious about if they would need a way to cool off during the hot summer months. My chickens were never interested in a kiddie pool but someone mentioned my peahen would. Any suggestions are appreciated
A lot of people will give them a kiddie pool but I don't because they will poo in it and then drink. Any shade will work with bonus points for a breeze. At one time I rigged up misters in a half dozen pens but they didn't get used as much as I had planned.

I have a fan in their pen. I put a kiddie pool in too because they love to soak their feet in the summer. They have other water pans too; I haven't ever noticed them pooping in the pool.

Back
Top Bottom