Free ranged hens not laying in boxes

Gotta find a place to confine the roosters! Under an axe (is what it may come to. Sigh!) I guess them strutting around the coop/yard may stress my poor hens? And I've got one hen escsped with the roosters! Daing
I've found having some wire dogs crates to be excellent 'tools in the box' of a chicken keeper.
I have 2 smaller ones and 2 larger ones,which i use depends on need and space available.

Have a friend who breeds dogs so she may have some to borrow. Got multiple calls out. Since you've been so helpful here's my dumb question "for the day". HA! Just the first: can hens lay fertile eggs without the rooster or is that his reason for living? I'm guessing that that's his job and hens go merrily on their way laying eggs regardless. Yes?

Have a friend who breeds dogs so she may have some to borrow. Got multiple calls out. Since you've been so helpful here's my dumb question "for the day". HA! Just the first: can hens lay fertile eggs without the rooster or is that his reason for living? I'm guessing that that's his job and hens go merrily on their way laying eggs regardless. Yes?
Hens can lay eggs without a rooster, but they won't be fertile for hatching.

Back
Top Bottom