Free ranging a bird with a possible sprained leg?

Quote: Ok, stop the vitamin B complex and just provide her feed and water. Vitamin B complex doesnt cause diarrhea as far as I know, but it does pass quickly out of their system in feces. This is why there should be a long treatment period of vitamin B complex treatment for leg injuries. I recommend that you continue with confinement to let her injury heal. Time heals.

Ok, stop the vitamin B complex and just provide her feed and water. Vitamin B complex doesnt cause diarrhea as far as I know, but it does pass quickly out of their system in feces. This is why there should be a long treatment period of vitamin B complex treatment for leg injuries. I recommend that you continue with confinement to let her injury heal. Time heals.

She's not panting anymore, so I think she was getting overheated in the room she was in. I'll stop the Vitamin B for now. If that does seem to be the cause of the diarrhea, then if I try a lower dose, maybe that would be the way to go?

We are continuing the confinement. Tomorrow I let her out and try to get a look at how she is walking, see if there is any improvement. Hoping so.

Back
Top Bottom