Free ranging in snow?

It is suppost to snow tonight ALOT in Chicago, very cold. I added a tarp to the run and a water heater to keep the water from freezing. did that two weeks ago ahead of time. I also just added a game cam to keep an eye on the chickens. I am planning to see how they react to the snow tonight and tomorrow. i was also predicting to still free range them with snow or no snow, their decission if they want to go out or not. For now I would call my coop pretty snow and weather proof for the winter. Gonna be interesting seeing them react to this cold and snow here in the windy city. Good luck to your chickens this winter!

We were supposed to get snow today and ended up with LOTS of cold rain...
th.gif
I was actually looking forward to having a white Christmas. Normally we get a lot of snow here in Michigan, but we haven't gotten more than an inch yet. I'll take some of your snow aoxa!

Out west yes, here not too bad! +2 today!
ya not to bad today .. my ducks have paths every where outside the make such a mess outside they get their feet muddy then walk every where there is mud foot prints lol .. i don't think my male drake likes my other to much now he caught tippy my first duck rouen/pekin with my pekin female then tippy just ran lol .. i have a young rooster he doesn't crow he has his tail feathers in but he makes a turkey sound its really weird my mom was making the noise back and he was doing it back lol having a conversation .. houdini the rooster is crowing not fully but he sounds funny and he has gotten alot bigger to and rudy has finally stopped trying to stand up to me to so im happy .... i was talking to a lady about getting some more chantecler for colonel cocker lol my alpha roo he is a partridge chantecler and she said she has a black on her friend is trying to make a new color of the chanteclers

I may just open the door to their run and let them make the choice. They were just hatched July 16, so may not be brave enough to launch out into the snow, like yours. So funny about the one on the stump.
Did you get them from Meyer?
big_smile.png
A majority of my flock was born on July 16th. They love the snow we have gotten.

Back
Top Bottom