Free rare breed Cockerels in SE Vermont - Pick up/drop off ONLY

tulipdog

Hatching
10 Years
Aug 18, 2009
Windsor County
Hi All -

I am in Chester VT and am willing to drop off within 25 miles or so. And can meet you if that's half way for you.

I have a number of 9 week old (hatched 6/16/09) cockerels for free!
They are all nice breeds from the Sand Hill Preservation Center in Iowa.

4 Norwegian Jaerhons of the "flame" variety, i.e. non-standard color. If you are looking for a nice calm rooster - these are your guys. I wish I could keep more than one myself but my neighbors might kill me
smile.png
These are my favorites and I would love to find them a real home. They should end up as a cuckoo pattern with brilliant flame orange-red hackles, neck and wing patches. Although I see quite a bit of difference in darkness in all of these chickens, pullets and cockerels alike.

1 Speckled Sussex - already a nice big boy.

1 Black Australorp - big and dark and beautiful

1 Delware - Rare breed and beautiful. I understand people were having a hard time finding Delawares this spring - here's your chance!

Last edited:
Yes he is! and he is a really nice looking guy - I wish I could keep them all.

I am away this coming weekend but next weekend I will be home. Maybe I can head up that way - I HAVE been wanting to hit Farm-way in Bradford. Could at least meet you in White River Jnct.

My email is kgstorm AT yahoo DOT com - email me yours and I will contact you at the beginning of next week - How's that?

Kari

Here's a picture of him:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sevencrows/3839105275/

Hi Kari.. wondering if you have any of the Norwegian Jaerhons left? My girls are 16 weeks old today... would he be okay with older girls? (This is my first flock, if you can't tell). I saw your post on the Bird Fancier list as well, and that they were sweet , easy going guys... with kids, that sounds exactly like what I would want.
I'm between Rutland and Middlebury - if you want, PM me and let me know if we could work something out.
Thanks!

I just wanted to bump this up, and show everyone what a gorgeous little roo Loki is! We are all charmed by this sweet little guy - he is so calm, and follows you everywhere, and I only wish I had room for more, tulipdog!

Loki036.jpg

Loki009.jpg

Hi Kari,
I see you posted this a while back. Do you still have any of these roosters available? What a great selection of breeds you have!
wink.png

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom