Ok so I just went and checked the exact dates they hatched and these are thier weights at 3 and 3 1/2 weeks not 2 1/2 and 3 weeks. I will go measure them again in a little bit.
I also transferred it to ounces so you don’t have to go and transfer it yourself.

Attachments

• IMG_2538.jpeg
    IMG_2538.jpeg
    280.1 KB · Views: 6
Male or female pics?

Light on the right and dark blue left. I’ve been able to pick these out since they were eggs, I think they must be siblings from the same hen..
810A956E-EB2B-41B5-A0A6-31BC1DB76C9F.jpeg
55117329-BD29-450D-A235-3BA7573C6F97.png

Last edited:
Green and black, one of the eggs was much smaller than the others, I can’t be sure but think it was greens so probably her size is due to genetics. Black has always been chunky.
These two and white were the last to catch the coccidiosis, still treating all three but Green is pretty much over it and black is recovering quickly.
36DC6149-7649-4795-A033-6C4A2E3DF5C0.png

Last edited:
Pink and orange. Pink has ruffled feathers which I thought was a genetic thing but now thinking it could be part of the coccidiosis, poor little monkey was the first to catch it and lost a lot of weight before I realised what it was or worked out how to treat it.
Pretty sure orange is a boy, the girls seem to like him so if he is a he then he’ll probably be stud.
60F76929-0936-4E6F-B312-9DDF787684D4.png

Last edited:
Purple and yellow, left and right. Yellow was the first to realise the poppy seeds weren’t washed, she eats a much wider range of foods without them available.
Purple gets on well with both blues, white and black so hopefully the genders will work out so they can all stay together.
9B285048-F96B-4F4F-868E-63C1F9A1C4BB.png

Red left and white right. Red was really not good in the head for a while after boinking in the night, he still limps a bit but his brain seems better. For a while he just pecked at the walls all day and lost alot of weight but he’s responding well to treatment.
White just gets on with being a quail, one of the last to catch coccidiosis and as you can see from the bottom right of the pic her stools aren’t quite right yet so she’s still being treated along with Green and black.
78360A54-A1C7-42D0-8D37-9B11E15AFE77.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok so I just went and checked the exact dates they hatched and these are thier weights at 3 and 3 1/2 weeks not 2 1/2 and 3 weeks. I will go measure them again in a little bit. I also transferred it to ounces so you don’t have to go and transfer it yourself.
Thanks @Patiocoturnix :) this makes mine look slightly less skinny.
The harkers coxoid arrived this morning, I thought I had the coccidiosis under control with what I was giving them but some of the birds I’d already treated were getting the runs again.
Hopefully this will get them back on track.
I’m surrounded by ducks geese and swans here so I suspect it was the clover I collected that they’ve caught it from, looking up how to ferment it to make it safer for them.

Green and black, one of the eggs was much smaller than the others, I can’t be sure but think it was greens so probably her size is due to genetics. Black has always been chunky.
These two and white were the last to catch the coccidiosis, still treating all three but Green is pretty much over it and black is recovering quickly.
View attachment 3568098
I guess girl on left boy on right.
For sure boy on right.

Red left and white right. Red was really not good in the head for a while after boinking in the night, he still limps a bit but his brain seems better. For a while he just pecked at the walls all day and lost alot of weight but he’s responding well to treatment.
White just gets on with being a quail, one of the last to catch coccidiosis and as you can see from the bottom right of the pic her stools aren’t quite right yet so she’s still being treated along with Green and black.
View attachment 3568161
I think both boys.

Back
Top Bottom