Free stuff

rancher hicks

Free Ranging
14 Years
Feb 28, 2009
Syracuse, NY
Hi folks sorry if your disappointed with the free stuff tag. However I had to tell you what I got today in the mail.
I ordered on line an information packet from the USDA. Here's a run down.

First the address is:
USDA, APHIS, MRPBS, PDMCS
4700 River Rd, Unit 1, Suite 1A01
Riverdale,MD 20737

I expect you can find it on the web like I did. I'm not sure where I heard about it. I did check out every book on poultry, chickens from the public library. I learned alot, some from each author.

So what I got was.
A 2009 calender, it's really cool. The rooster on the front is really nice.
A biesecurity guide. This is a pamphlet
An Exotic Newcastle Disease pamphlet
A pamphlet on 6 ways to prevent poultry diseases
A pamphlet Backyard Biosecurity Practices to keep your birds healthy
An Avian Influenza pamphlet
An If you own birds or know someone who does..... pamphlet
An Importing a pet bird pamphlet. This explains special rules for bringing Pet birds of Non- US Origin
An Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza pamphlet
An How Poultry Disease Spreads in the Live-Bird Marketing System pamphlet.
A Keep Poultry Diseases Away pamphlet.
Two Animal Disease Alert posters. One on Avian influenza and one on Biosecurity.
A Biosecurity for birds coloring book.
Two little cards with "routine precautions" information. These would be good for wallet or purse to reread and refresh your memory while you waiting in the Dr.s' office or whatever.
A "Keep Your Birds Healthy DVD. This is good if you have trouble reading.
A "Backyard Biosecurity DVD. This also would be good if you have trouble reading.

So There you have it. And it was all FREE!. I got 3 copies of all the information so I could give some to friends who have chickens.
http://healthybirds.aphis.usda.gov

Now maybe you think you've learned it all but some of this information has been updated. Besides it's free, so what can be an excuse. You don't even have to pay postage! The calender alone is worth the trouble.

Hope you all get this and God Bless

wee.gif
Yayness! I love free stuff! Thank you for sharing!

awesome!! thanks for sharing. i just went and order the free stuff too, along with some extras to share.

hay hay wow kool got to love this one you really know where to look for good things to get FREE. know of anywhere else? thanks alot

Wow.. Im going to have to order some of this stuff. Ive had poultry when I was younger. But I really should read up on some of the diseases and stuff, since I am back into birds again.. Should be a learning read.

Thank you for finding this site..

Do you know of any other good free stuff..
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom