FREE WCB Polish, Cockrell, Pickup Only

crossgirl

Day Dream Believer
8 Years
Mar 15, 2011
Lakeland, FL
"Pudge" is just a wild and crazy guy looking for love in a new home! Won't you be his love match? Handsome, white crested black polish, 8 weeks old, started crowing . Has some white feathering on body. Seems to be outgrowing this though as he has considerably less than a few weeks ago. Runs into things and is easily startled. A "haircut" may help.

Free bird. Pick up only. Will be willing to meet halfway if you don't plan to eat him. If you do want to eat him, PLEASE do not tell me!

We don't have enough hens to keep more than one rooster and that position has been filled.

Last edited:
i agree with tomahawklodge

the picture you have up is of a pullet.
boys have more pointy head feathers.
my roo
41488_polish_800x687.jpg

my girls
41488_dscn3283_800x600.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you both for the input. I understand about the head feathers. I carefully picked three chicks with the roundest poofs out of the hatch. The parents are the same for all of the chicks. My three continue to have rounded feathering however two have no wattles at all. This one developed wattles fairly early, they've continued to grow, and it is the most assertive and adventurous of the trio. Do polish sometimes develop at noticeably different rates? My other two developmentally favor dinahmoe's pullets.

the wattles can vary by bird.my black girl ended up with bigger wattles than the splash.also roosters tend to have thicker legs than the girls.my polish roo definately had bigger legs than the girls.can you compare yours?by her being more dominant ,she may just be establishing her place as the top hen.

Back
Top Bottom