"Freedom Rangers" are called "Freedom Rangers" again

UncleHoot

Songster
12 Years
May 22, 2007
St. Johns, Michigan
I just went to www.jmhatchery.com, and their "Colored Range Broilers" are now called "Freedom Rangers". I assume that they worked out a deal with the previous owners of that trademark. So, I guess we can start calling them by their proper name again. :)

So, do you think they were going to call them "French Rangers", but with the anti-France sentiment being high in the U.S., they decided to call them "Freedom Rangers", much like french fries were renamed "freedom fries"? Well, regardless, it's a great name that implies "Free Range" among the other things that "freedom" implies.

HUH! help my head is spinning, I didnt know they werent called that any more will be doing these in spring.

Quote:
Originally, "Freedom Rangers" were marketed in the US from a couple that immigrated from the UK, and who were already familiar with the birds. After great expense, they managed to get the breeding stock into the US, where they quickly built a market. Unfortunately, they had a big business deal go bad, and the company had to fold. You can read the full story here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=61284

JM
Hatchery bought their breeding stock (they were already doing Redbro's only), but did not have rights to use the name "Freedom Rangers". But that's how most of us became familiar with them, and we continued to use that name a lot of the time when referring to JM's birds. Technically, they are "Hubbard differentiated growth broilers" or something like that. But, needless to say, that's not a name that would stick in your mind.

Back
Top Bottom