Freedom rangers arrived...but...

Quote:
No, I do not know. From what I can tell, there isn't much information out that regarding what breeds went into the development of the Rangers. I've read a couple of assumptions, but there was nothing to back them up.

Quote:
No, I do not know. From what I can tell, there isn't much information out that regarding what breeds went into the development of the Rangers. I've read a couple of assumptions, but there was nothing to back them up.

Wouldn't that shock alot of people? Will

lol.png
it would, but then, i guess i wouldn't be all that surprised. these guys are chunkers!!

Last edited:
Im hearing alot from you flks about feeding your FR 22-24%,,,I wonder if Im goiung to miss out on big birds with this 18%,...which is all i can get in my area!>?????

Quote:
I fed mine 20% and they were plenty big.

I think their size has more to do with their exercise (more calories burned running around, less weight gain) and temperatures (they seem to grow slower in very hot weather) than with a percentage more or less protein.

The breeding stock is imported from the regions of Burgundy and Brittany (France). The genetic stock is derived from the American and European old heritage breed of chicken and was developed in the early 1960’s to meet the highest standards of the French Label Rouge Free Range program.

This is off the website but it doesnt say which heritage breeds are used​

Back
Top Bottom