Freezing dandelions for winter?

tnewton

In the Brooder
6 Years
Dec 25, 2013
My ducks LOVE dandelion greens. They are abundant in my yard now (probably because we haven't mowed in a while - ahem). Has anyone tried to freeze the leaves and give them to the ducks in winter? I would think they might become a bit mushy, but my ducks seem to eat any leafy green that I put in their water. Trying to think ahead!

There's nothing wrong with trying it!!!!
lol.png

My ducks LOVE dandelion greens. They are abundant in my yard now (probably because we haven't mowed in a while - ahem). Has anyone tried to freeze the leaves and give them to the ducks in winter? I would think they might become a bit mushy, but my ducks seem to eat any leafy green that I put in their water. Trying to think ahead!

You can give this-->http://www.agardenforthehouse.com/2012/07/how-i-freeze-kale-other-green-things/ a try. I've never frozen dandelion greens, but I've used this method with things like kale and collard greens.

if your looking for treats for your ducks i'm using frozen peas right now (defrosted first) and they love them,

i just buy a bag, 49c in the local shop put it in the fridge over night and then give them a few handfuls every day, they love them!!

if your looking for treats for your ducks i'm using frozen peas right now (defrosted first) and they love them,

i just buy a bag, 49c in the local shop put it in the fridge over night and then give them a few handfuls every day, they love them!!

Absolutely! There is no treat that even comes close to peas with our ducks. A 2 pound bag of frozen peas is a repeating item on our weekly grocery list. We given them around half a pound at a time, but they would eat the entire bag at once if we'd let them and still want more.

Back
Top Bottom