Freezing egg/didn't realize someone else already asked the same thing

KristyHall

Crowing
8 Years
Jan 27, 2011
North Alabama
Someone once told me that if you crack open eggs and scramble them then put them in a freezer container they freeze well for a few months. Has anyone had experience with this?
I am over run with eggs, and frankly I'm sick of eggs.
I've been making quiches, scrambled, baked, broiled, boiled, fried, cakes, breads. There must be something else I can do with them. How can nine hens lay 28 eggs in three days.. in march? is some other birds wandering in and laying too?! I mean they lay through the winter, and through the heat of summer and...well... geeze. I feel sort of bad for their little hinnies.

Any how. Any one know good ways for storing extra eggs for extended periods of time and if they freeze eggs sans the shell, how does on measure it or does that relegate the frozen liquid to omelets and scrambling from then on?

sorry I didn't realize there is already a thread like this.

Last edited:
Quote:
your lucky?? LOL My 30 hens dont give me 28 eggs in 3 days!!
thumbsup.gif

what you can do is crack them open and put an egg in each spot in an ice cube tray-freeze them-and put in a huge gallon ziplock baggie for future use...If you go through eggs like I do I could use a whole gallon size bag for cooking in less than a month:) good luck

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

what you can do is crack them open and put an egg in each spot in an ice cube tray-freeze them-and put in a huge gallon ziplock baggie for future use...If you go through eggs like I do I could use a whole gallon size bag for cooking in less than a month:) good luck

wow good idea!

Quote:
thumbsup.gif

wow good idea!

thumbsup.gif

I am going to scramble and freeze this summer in anticipation of the winter slow down. My husband thinks he will DIE without three eggs every morning, so I'm going to freeze three to a bag.

I lightly scramble & freeze my extra eggs. I generally put as many eggs to a freezer bag that I need for a particular cake. Like my favorite pound cake takes 8 eggs so thats how many I put in each containter to freeze. Then I know that when we have scrambled eggs, I use about 5-6 eggs so I put that many in seperate baggies & freeze. If you know how many you use for a certain dish you make often, just freeze that many eggs together. Also, I use 6 eggs for my favorite custard so I will put that many in a bag. I write on the outside of the bag what it is intended for & the date. I try to use them within 4-5 months.

Back
Top Bottom