freezing eggs???

Came across your post. We read where you can freeze them in ice cube trays and then put them in an airtight sealed container. You can have fresh eggs when they are not laying..

Maybe just silly but a tip I learned years ago about boiling "easy peel eggs" is to add a splash of white vinegar to the water when you add the eggs. Seems to work 90% better for me at least. Hope it helps

When I freeze my eggs I crack them all into a bowl, whisk them all together and pour into ice cube trays. 3 cubes = about 1 large egg. These frozen eggs when thawed are good for scrambled eggs, omelets or fried eggs. I get a ton of eggs and this helps a lot for winter usage as I don't add light to the coop. My girls deserve their vacation :)

Maybe just silly but a tip I learned years ago about boiling "easy peel eggs" is to add a splash of white vinegar to the water when you add the eggs. Seems to work 90% better for me at least. Hope it helps

I find the best way to hard boil farm fresh eggs is in my electric pressure cooker. Add all the eggs you wish to hard boil, add 1 1/2 cups of water, set the pressure cooker on the rice/risotto setting for 6 minutes. Once the pressure builds and the time counts down, do a quick pressure release. Place the eggs in a cold water bath for about 10 minutes. I've never ever lost any egg to a sticking shell. They slip right off.

I freeze eggs but the yolks need to be broke and slightly blended with the whites. Scrambling or beating them incorporates air into the egg encouraging freezer burn. If i leave the yolk whole and freeze it, when thawed the yolk will be gelled, it will not liquify, and it will not mix up with the whites to make scrambled eggs, not even with a blender. I'm using eggs I froze 7-8 months ago. Even though they were frozen in ziplock bags the egg lost moisture. When i thawed the egg it was very thick. I added 1-2 tablespoons of water per egg, blended it and made scrambled eggs. They tasted like fresh eggs.

LOL @ Sumi! I have found eggs to get quite rubbery when frozen, and the shells do crack. I have a heat lamp in my coop in a feeble attempt to keep the coop above freezing & collect a few times a day. I never knew you could intentionally freeze eggs. Maybe if scrambled? Definitely feed your broken, frozen, compost eggs back to the chickens! My whole coop goes into frenzy over all treats, but the eggs are really good for them. Now what about boiling eggs? Probably a thread for that... But I've tried everything and still have badly peeled eggs!
Hello. I too had problems peeling hard boiled eggs but with the pressure cooker it makes it possible for me. I use regular pressure for 4 min. then let them sit for about 5 to 10 minutes before releasing pressure on cooker. After pressure is released, drain and bounce the eggs around some in the pot, then I put them in a bowl with ice cubes and water and let cool . Take out of water and peel. I just roll then on the counter and the shell usually slips right off. Works for me. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom