French Black Copper Marans x Starlight Green Egger

Since the background of starlight green egged is basically a mix of mixes, I’m not sure there’s an exact answer. Since your cockerel is a BCM, I assume most of the offspring would be black (but don’t quote me on that).

Best guess is chicks will be black, maybe with some red leakage. Eggs will be dark green or dark brown. Good luck with the crosses! 😊

Do you have a picture of your starlight green egger?
Sorry this picture sucks. He is in the back. I moved to him to the hen house recently and haven't got a decent picture yet. He is redish and super pretty.
IMG_20201112_144655310_HDR.jpg

Do you have a picture of your starlight green egger?
Sorry, I mixed up what I had asked. That was a picture of the hen and the rooster. Both are Starlight Green Eggers. The maran rooster is this picture, the hen is the one I was talking about. Aka, this is the pair for the cross.
IMG_20201210_145839441.jpg

Sorry, I mixed up what I had asked. That was a picture of the hen and the rooster. Both are Starlight Green Eggers. The maran rooster is this picture, the hen is the one I was talking about. Aka, this is the pair for the cross.View attachment 2483978
The offspring could be black with red leakage, white with red leakage, red with black tail feathers, red with white tail feathers (like the hen), and/or red with messy black patterning.

Edit: is the starlight green egger hen you’re going to breed have black tail feathers or white tail feathers? The hen in the picture with the marans appears to have black tail feathers, unlike the hen in the picture with the other green egger.

The offspring could be black with red leakage, white with red leakage, red with black tail feathers, red with white tail feathers (like the hen), and/or red with messy black patterning.

Edit: is the starlight green egger hen you’re going to breed have black tail feathers or white tail feathers? The hen in the picture with the marans appears to have black tail feathers, unlike the hen in the picture with the other green egger.
Yes the Starlight hen with the Marans has some black on the tip of her tail feathers and the other Starlight hen with the Starlight rooster has white. The the one that has white tailfeathetd and the rooster have Been put into the henhouse for barnyard mixes to breed.

Yes the Starlight hen with the Marans has some black on the tip of her tail feathers and the other Starlight hen with the Starlight rooster has white. The the one that has white tailfeathetd and the rooster have Been put into the henhouse for barnyard mixes to breed.
Which hen are you breeding to the marans?

Which hen are you breeding to the marans?
The one with the black on tailfeathetd. I have 2 Starlight Green Egger Hens and 1 Starlight Green Egger Rooster.
The one with the Starlight rooster is the hen with the white tipped tailfeathetd. And the other one with the Marans rooster is the one with the black tipped tailfeathers.

Back
Top Bottom