French frogs

You needed a little monkey giggle too huh
highfive.gif

OMG one of the neighborhood kids brought his big brother over here, askin to buy a turkey!
fl.gif
my extra tom will be gone today, and i dont have to do the deed! I really let myself get too close to the turkeys
hmm.png
i refused to do it for thanksgivin...

Maybe all those summertime free petting zoo days are gna pay off though!
lau.gif

Ill b sure to let ya kno!
we went from monkey giggles, to selling a turkey!!

awesome.

So not to totally derail the conversation, but if you were to start over completely, what breeds would you get. With a focus on egg production, helping a breed become more popular, and a good duel-purpose breed. Thoughts?

I think most on this thread would be all about the Am's.

what I'm currently working on, is having a few pure breeds, RIR's, barred rocks, and either white rocks or white leghorns, so I can continue making sex links, for dual purpose birds.

at some point, I may try my hand at pretty or rare birds, or even pretty eggs.

So not to totally derail the conversation, but if you were to start over completely, what breeds would you get. With a focus on egg production, helping a breed become more popular, and a good duel-purpose breed. Thoughts?
Out of all my chickens, I tell people that the best dual purpose breed with the best disposition is the cuckoo marans. Lay a lot, the eggs are huge,roosters are excellent on the table, and the have the best attitude of all my birds

Out of all my chickens, I tell people that the best dual purpose breed with the best disposition is the cuckoo marans. Lay a lot, the eggs are huge,roosters are excellent on the table, and the have the best attitude of all my birds
How is your production. I've heard that they only lay around 3 eggs a week.

5-6/ bird in the spring and summer. I'm still getting 2-3/bird right now. They are just now 2 years old. My other prolific layers are the EEs. I've heard they can be poor layers, so I guess it depends on what mix made them
That makes sense. I guess I am like all of you guys, I have chicken ADD, they all look so cool. Although I haven't been bitten by the bantam or the silkie bugs.

That makes sense. I guess I am like all of you guys, I have chicken ADD, they all look so cool. Although I haven't been bitten by the bantam or the silkie bugs.
I really like the different colored wyandottes. very pretty birds.
I really like some of the mutt mixes that make them super pretty eggs.

but truthfully, I'm much more about function.

Back
Top Bottom