French frogs

.....I've worked for free many times over 30 years....you spend tons on tools...my tool bill was $200 a week.
One wrench can be $100....and there's always the worry you forgot to tighten something or something like that

I only ranted a little because people don't know.....with the high tech vehicles being made today...it takes a highly educated dedicated person to be a "good" technician....and it's expensive....
.....yesterday i realized I'm missing a deep well socket set....Snap On brand.....I really hope I can find it because even though is only about 10 sockets its probably at least $200....and cheap tools don't work...

Okay I'm off my soapbox....I just want you all to appreciate your mechanic if he/she is good...it really takes a lot to be a good technician....Most people don't understand that.

Plus its very hard on you . good people appreciate good people Phil. hard part about working for people is you can't weed out the bad ones. you have to take of them all. I went in business for myself for that reason . I don't like dealing with rude people which means sometimes don't like myself because we all can be rude at times . you know how good you are by the number of repeat customers you have . I think you have plenty. somebody's car or truck breaks down. And they are stuck.Not to mention stuck with the repair bill. you know the rest . takes a lot of patience and understanding to be a good mechanic. Been there done that more than once . look back and think about all the people that were able to go to work and make a living because you did your job and you'll feel a lot better about what you did earn your living. Pretty sure your like me throw on a suit and tie and sit down with the President drink brandy and smoke cigars and feel right at home . after all when the bathroom door shuts business s business for all of us .
wink.png

I only ranted a little because people don't know.....with the high tech vehicles being made today...it takes a highly educated dedicated person to be a "good" technician....and it's expensive....
.....yesterday i realized I'm missing a deep well socket set....Snap On brand.....I really hope I can find it because even though is only about 10 sockets its probably at least $200....and cheap tools don't work...

So I take it you ain't cheap . while you at it what about the parts that will fit in the palm of your hand that cost hundreds of dollars and take hours to install . you now have to take the whole car apart to but in the spark plugs
barnie.gif
I'll have to spend a thousand or more to up grade my computer to work on my daughters car .
lau.gif
couple of weeks ago I get daddy my car won't start won't do nothing . I had enough sense to have her get the spare key and sure enough the battery was dead in the key we had made at wal-marts . that was all it was .

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom