French frogs

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by scflock, Nov 9, 2015.

1. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    [​IMG]

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    ha ha ha

I forgot the best image, a tough boy thinking he can lift a 9' tree himself

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

Those Brahma are gorgeous!! I just don't care for so much feathering on the feet and legs...

Dull gray, I dunno what you'd call dull... this is one of my young pullets I'm favoring now... ignore the peachy/yellow on her back, sun was going down, lol...

[​IMG]

4. scflock

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    [​IMG]

5. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee

Needs to be a Tony the Tiger dart board... :lau

6. scflock

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    :lau

1 person likes this.
  7. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    She is very pretty! I should have taken pictures I guess before I sold them.

I love the huge massiveness of the birds themselves, the first time I ever saw them I was in awe to be honest, I was like, is that a turkey or a chicken!!!!!!!, and you know my excitement, well it came out! And the way they lifted their feet to walk and strut! And feet so much bigger than my entire hand! I am very lucky to have a very wooded therefore peat filled area and the feet typically stay fairly clean. Everyone is coming out of molt, I wish I could see leg/foot feathering better on the youngins so I wouldnt overwinter them all. I had procrastinated too long to pick through them. I have too many splash female and pullets. Like I said I have this thing for splash, but the blue sells. DH has a thing with hording chickens but he hasnt a clue

8. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop

Thanks for the comments. I do appreciate the insight. I need to get more pics of Ted. I'm not sure what it is about him, but Louie is definitely the more dominant boy, but he's also friendlier to me. I have some of their offspring in the bator now so I'm sure I'll trade one of them out eventually.
    Shade - the whole thing is on the edge of the woods, so it gets shade from the trees part of the day, and I have a tarp over almost half of it, for shade other times (and rain/snow protection)

I typed after the wrong comment, but I read them all ;)

9. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Sally - beautiful tree! Sorry I can't keep my end of the deal, no sticks, not even a slickhead. Squirrels were out in full force, but I wasn't squirrel hunting :rant

And the pups are adorable :love

10. scflock

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    But what about the deer?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by