French frogs

that's it!!

no more avatar pic for you!!! (soup nazi voice)
tumblr_m5ooj5nDqj1rrbogso2_500.gif

Pouring rain. Again...
Sun hasn't been out since Halloween

Here Its been every five days almost without fail all year long . don't how flat you are you might try ADS pipe with a silt sleeve in a shallow ditch under a mulch bed on the upper side with plastic edging against the pens . an inch or so above grade. the mole tunnels funnel water right into mine . I need to do it myself but OH doesn't want me to make more mud . and that's all we've had most of the year .

No not yet 15 out of 23 . Started cleaning the incubators with the turners yesterday . good thing ! the massive amount of air movement really drops the humidity . 27% in the hatcher this morning . If the incubators work that well I should have some really good hatches. I' so looking forward to that . should improve the BCMs and Ravyns Sulmataler's I think are harder to hatch than the BCMs. let me stick the pictures on for Sally .

these eggs aren't going to hatch to much fluid from using the F.I. Styrofoam incubators. also I think the GQFs turn the eggs more often and get them closer to horizontal . I may have to use shipped eggs for my first Incubation . my chickens and Ravyns have all but stopped laying .

Are the lavender chicks Orp/Am crosses? I can't keep track...

Here Its been every five days almost without fail all year long . don't how flat you are you might try ADS pipe with a silt sleeve in a shallow ditch under a mulch bed on the upper side with plastic edging against the pens . an inch or so above grade. the mole tunnels funnel water right into mine . I need to do it myself but OH doesn't want me to make more mud . and that's all we've had most of the year .

That's exactly what I'm thinking about doing. I've built berms and ditches, but heavy rains still cause a lot of running in the pens. If I had known the operation would get this big, I would have built it completely different, but I just have to protect what I have the best I can, now. If I ever redo it, It will be one long row of combined coops and pens, like the pictures snowbird posted on the other thread

That's exactly what I'm thinking about doing. I've built berms and ditches, but heavy rains still cause a lot of running in the pens. If I had known the operation would get this big, I would have built it completely different, but I just have to protect what I have the best I can, now. If I ever redo it, It will be one long row of combined coops and pens, like the pictures snowbird posted on the other thread

Yea with auto feed and water . problem is like me you already did it so now we fix it . and fix it .I really thought movable was the way to go from the start . still working toward that. much more involved than stationery . also more expensive.

Back
Top Bottom