1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

French frogs

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by scflock, Nov 9, 2015.

1. RubyNala97

RubyNala97 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Oh my goodness, I am totally kid free right now, for like the first time in a year and of course, I have a pounding headache!!! What the ____!!! Not fair!

2. OrganicFarmWife

OrganicFarmWife Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2015
    No where Nebraska
    I have been out chasing a rooster around the yard. He went at my 1 year old. He didn't break her skin, but he must have pecked her. Da#@ bird, how many chances do you give an otherwise good rooster?
    The 1 year old and him had got into it a month ago and I swatted him in his tail feathers out of the yard. Since that point he was very well behaved, until yesterday.

3. Tumbling K

Tumbling K Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2015
    Texas
    Benny, one of my favorite ways......

most of our wild ducks, there isn't much to eat, except the breast meat, so I will skin the breast area (no plucking), then breast them out, using a thin flexible blade, remove the breast meat only.

place in a bowl, and leave it soaking in butter milk, or whole milk in the fridge for about 3-5 days.

then remove and wrap a hammer in plastic wrap. Place the breast on a butcher board and use hammer to flatten the meat.

mix up an egg and milk drench, season as you like. put breast meat in drench
    pull out and coat with flour.

repeat drench and flour.

have some hot grease in a cast iron pan. preferably bacon grease, but olive oil works well too. need enough to just about cover the thickness of the breast.

fry it up.

when you are done frying them all, just long enough to get a golden brown crust, they won't be cooked all the way thru, which is fine. place in a warm oven.

use the leftover flour and grease to make a brown gravy.

1 person likes this.
  4. Tumbling K

Tumbling K Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2015
    Texas
    lots of good roosters available......

only one 1 year old.

5. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    I'd grab a drill and see if you can make Queenie's power go out [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    See, now, this is when your avatar confuses me. Was that a literal post, or figurative? [​IMG]

7. rossfam06

rossfam06 Beak Brokers

Sep 20, 2013
    Savannah, GA
    My Coop
    My Lil Bit (bantam cochin frizzle) laid her first egg today!!!!! :weee. Here is the comparison of Barred Rock, recently started laying EE, and her egg!!!!

[​IMG]

8. Akrnaf2

Akrnaf2 The educated Rhino Premium Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Center of Israel

kill it and eat ASAP!!! Don't wate it is a danger to your child!! Don't play with this!!

9. OrganicFarmWife

OrganicFarmWife Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2015
    No where Nebraska
    Yes I do sympathise with this thought. But I usually allow the animals to defend themselves (I need my children to have a healthy fear of these farm animals so when it is time to take care of the bulls, they know respect. Better a rooster teach them this then a 1 ton bull) The first time I think the 1 year old did something. This time I know she did not. I will happily cull him if I must.

10. LittleLakePhil

LittleLakePhil Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Sep 25, 2015
    Little lake Michigan
    I like goose breast a lot....yummy. I just slice it into strips. Brown it in butter.
    Pop it in the crock pot. Cover it with stewed tomatoes.
    Add onion, celery, peppers, and mushrooms.
    Dash of worstashire sauce (I know bad spelling)
    Cook for five or so hours.
    Serve on rice.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by