French frogs

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by scflock, Nov 9, 2015.

1. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For The Birds! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    WV I did post about your chicks in the other thread btw! you must have missed it and several times I asked. How many duckie pips or no babies yet? ...these are what I am waiting to see from your bator.

3. WalnutHill

WalnutHill Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 16, 2014
    SE Michigan

We're down in south Texas visiting my parents. 25 hour drive each way.

4. scflock

scflock Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  5. WVduckchick

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    I just posted some a couple posts ago.

Here's a run-down as it is now.

6 of 7 lav orps had hatched when I left this morning, the remaining one has pipped.
    5 of 6 silkie/cochin have hatched, the other has not pipped, so I'm doubtful it will.
    1 of 4 mutts hatched, no pips in the other 3, not sure what happened to them.
    Ducks -- 7 locked down, I think I saw 4 or 5 pips, only 1 was really working toward zipping, 2 others have bumped the shell again, but not really zipping.

1 person likes this.
  6. WVduckchick

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. RubyNala97

RubyNala97 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    That's awesome!! I thought you were only getting 2, so 6 is a bonus!! My eggs are fertile too! Can't believe that young cockerel did the job with all that fluff!

:gig I loved road trips pre-kids. My girlfriend has a time share in South Carolina and we would drive down all the time. But she's a really bad driver, so my line always was: "I'll drive, you be the DJ"....brought back memories for me when I read your post! :)

X2
    That's exactly was SIL's are for!! Mine made my blood boil!

I would have done the same. At that point, you know they are more then ready to make their entrance!

X2...me too!!

1 person likes this.
  8. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Sweet hatch so far! [​IMG] keep it up on the ducks.... Ren is hatching hers, did you see the post last night. I cant wait for her update, she was so excited. and I didnt read back [​IMG] Benny is chatting on the other thread and I am helping new BYC'ers on a few threads.

9. RubyNala97

RubyNala97 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2015
    Hudson Valley, NY
    So I have a question about the eggs I put in the incubator. @RavynFallen probably can answer it. Last night was 5 days and when I candled them, on most I could see the tiny embryo and eye with the veins spreading out (looked like normal development). But on 3 of the pullet eggs I can only see a tiny bit of red veins, right in the center of the yolk, but no embryo or the eye like the others. There is just like a small circular shape of red veins. Any idea what that means? Should I keep any hope for them?

10. Sally Sunshine

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by