French frogs

Congrats! Must have been hard to let Tate go. You still have some of his chicks?
About 15 pullets, and the 6 that just hatched. Selling them all. When I do the BCM again, I'm doing much more shopping. I'm getting more interested in breeding, so I need a better start. The AMs showed me what real breeder quality birds can be

About 15 pullets, and the 6 that just hatched. Selling them all. When I do the BCM again, I'm doing much more shopping. I'm getting more interested in breeding, so I need a better start. The AMs showed me what real breeder quality birds can be

I am just starting my Black Copper Marans breeding flock. It has been quite an experience, both in $ and BS. Careful research has been the key... That and sitting back and watching the behavior of breeders in FB groups and chats. I have a $200 RUMPLESS BCM from a hatch from one of these breeders but I have gotten some great hatching eggs and chicks as well.

I am just starting my Black Copper Marans breeding flock. It has been quite an experience, both in $ and BS. Careful research has been the key... That and sitting back and watching the behavior of breeders in FB groups and chats. I have a $200 RUMPLESS BCM from a hatch from one of these breeders but I have gotten some great hatching eggs and chicks as well.
I got all excited over a local breeders dark eggs and bought my first flock. Then I joined BYC, posted pictures on the BCM thread, and got a rude awakening to what I was dealing with. Way too many faults to breed out, and after I got Ameraucanas from Paul Smith I learned how much easier it is to pay a little more for a better foundation

You are not keeping some pullets for your leaky blue boy to make OEs/ layers then?

So many possibilities. Those beautiful AMs get you spoiled quick, huh.
Probably not, just depends on how quickly they sell. I think I'm going to use the leaky blue to replace my EE rooster so I can improve egg color in those chicks. I want to guarantee the blue/green eggs

I got all excited over a local breeders dark eggs and bought my first flock. Then I joined BYC, posted pictures on the BCM thread, and got a rude awakening to what I was dealing with. Way too many faults to breed out, and after I got Ameraucanas from Paul Smith I learned how much easier it is to pay a little more for a better foundation

Ameraucanas are great. I had a REALLY hard time finding purebred stock. I have 10 in the bator in day 20 today ;) I have a couple Isbars and Rumpless Araucanas too, I LOVE fancy colored eggs. I am gonna take the rumpless BCM Roo and put in a pen on frizzled, naked necks and work on some fun Olive Eggers!

Ameraucanas are great. I had a REALLY hard time finding purebred stock. I have 10 in the bator in day 20 today ;) I have a couple Isbars and Rumpless Araucanas too, I LOVE fancy colored eggs. I am gonna take the rumpless BCM Roo and put in a pen on frizzled, naked necks and work on some fun Olive Eggers!
From now on, if I add a flock, I'm buying chicks from a reputable breeder. I don't want to gamble with shipped eggs, and I got my chicks from Paul, shipping included, for $10 each. You can't beat that for the quality I ended up with. I bought 15 straight run, and the 2 extras lived. Now I have 3 good roosters and 8 good hens for $150 :thumbsup

From now on, if I add a flock, I'm buying chicks from a reputable breeder. I don't want to gamble with shipped eggs, and I got my chicks from Paul, shipping included, for $10 each. You can't beat that for the quality I ended up with. I bought 15 straight run, and the 2 extras lived. Now I have 3 good roosters and 8 good hens for $150 :thumbsup

Very good deal! I will have to keep that in mind. Hatching eggs have half driven me crazy but I am done on New Years.... Unless of course I win some or until I get the shipment of Cuckoo Araucana eggs that I am on a list for!

Back
Top Bottom